[c-nsp] Cisco RPS

Anton Kapela tk at 5ninesdata.com
Thu Feb 8 23:42:55 EST 2007

> We were quite impressed with it compared to previous RPS's.   You
> should take a look at it if you were "turned off" by the old RPS. ;-)

Previous designs reak of intra-BU agreements ensuring that the 'desktop
switches' don't grow features or abilities that might 'compare
favorably' to something like cat4k/5k/6k or me-3750 (which have useful
"rps" by proxy due to multiple power supplies).

I cannot imagine there are many customers that would be 'lost' by the
enterprise switching group (or whatever the BU which owns cat6k is
called this year) because the 3560 and boxes like it had reasonable A/B
power support.

To Cisco folks: is there a technical reason fully revertive A/B power
wasn't a priority in the past?

-Tk