[c-nsp] Cosmetic bug or unsupported NPE?

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Fri Feb 9 01:54:52 EST 2007

so start planning a design which does not require [12.2S and] full table
in NPE300's....

The devil is in the details here.  You wern't the only one to make the
assumption
that everyone is running an S release.

I've never run an S release very long on my bgp routers.  I found years ago
that Cisco regarded service provider feature sets as licenses to experiment
because they figured that anyone running an S release must know what they
are
doing.

Now, I'll admit that things might be different now but I've preferred my bgp
routers
to have the capability for uptimes in the years, not in the months.  Not
that any
of them ever reached that long before having to be rebooted to load some
security
update, but we can always hope the crackers might get tired one day.

Ted