[c-nsp] 7206VXR 12.4 IOS

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Fri Feb 9 08:35:57 EST 2007

Hi everyone...

I know this was just recently discussed on the list and don't mean to
re-hash it.... we have some 7206VXR's doing PPPOE and L2TP termination for
DSL customers.....

One of them started acting weird since I upgraded to 12.4.12 release from
12.4.5a about 2 weeks ago... took us a while to track this down - but one of
the GigE interfaces is directly connected to an Occam DSLAM and this is a
problem.  It's been working fine for over a year so I'm thinking it's caused
by the recent software upgrade I did....

We can get a couple hundred sessions up no problem but then customers start
randomly having authentication issues - it almost seems that Radius packets
are only going one way between the router and DSLAM box....

So, I'm wondering two things - anyone seen anything like this?

Secondly, what is a good stable release that supports L2TP, BBA, PPPOE, OSPF
etc?

Thanks in advance,

Paul