[c-nsp] 7206VXR 12.4 IOS

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Fri Feb 9 10:26:21 EST 2007

Thanks Rodney....

For now, it's a time factor - fighting the time to get all the proper
information.  At this point, we're going to downgrade a bit and see if that
does it.  The folks at Occam have done a tracefile on it and they say they
just don't see the authentication ack coming back at random times....
appears to be capacity related and *may* be an Occam related issue.

I'll post an update once we change IOS versions back to where we were and
then at least we'll know more if it's specific to Cisco or an Occam specific
issue... sorry I don't have more details at this point.... and getting a
proper packet trace on a customer experiencing problems isn't possible for
the time being....

Appreciate the response...;)

Paul

> thinking it's caused by the recent software upgrade I did....
>
> We can get a couple hundred sessions up no problem but then customers
> start randomly having authentication issues - it almost seems that
> Radius packets are only going one way between the router and DSLAM box....
>
> So, I'm wondering two things - anyone seen anything like this?

Can you get a sniffer trace of it with the corresponding debugs for a
session having a problem?

I'm not a AAA person but others here are and togther we should be able to
narrow it down.