[c-nsp] OIDs for 3750s

Steve Snodgrass ssnodgra at pheran.com
Fri Feb 9 17:24:03 EST 2007

On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 10:29:47AM -0500, Justin M. Streiner wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Feb 2007, Jose wrote:
> > Hello people
> >
> > I have the following :
> >
> > C3750ME Software (C3750ME-I5-M), Version 12.2(25)EY3
> > C3750 Software (C3750-IPBASE-M), Version 12.2(25)SEB4
> >
> > Is there an OID that I can use to monitor these switch's temperatures ?
> > Thank you.
>
> The 3750s do have environmental probes, so you should be able to monitor
> them.  Did you try the standard Cisco enviromnental MIBs to get the OID
> you need?

It's a bit more complicated than this.  Older 3750s don't have actual
temperature sensors beyond OK/NOT OK.  Newer 3750 models do have actual
temperature sensors, but to compound the confusion there was an IOS bug
(CSCsc08186) that causes the new switches to report a bogus temperature
value via SNMP.  This was not fixed until 12.2(25)SEE.

For a list of the newer models that support an actual temperature readout,
see the new software feature section in these release notes:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5023/prod_release_note09186a008034abf4.html#wp697086

--
Steve Snodgrass * ssnodgra at pheran.com * Network and Unix Guru(?) at Large
"If you want to be somebody else, change your mind."  -Sister Hazel