[c-nsp] T1 dropouts

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Sat Feb 10 22:49:04 EST 2007

If clocking is a problem it will show up in slips.

Please post the output of

sh service-module

from both routers.  Here's an example output from a router that's been
up 25 weeks:

Module type is T1/fractional
    Hardware revision is 0.88, Software revision is 1.07,
    Image checksum is 0x8510A6B6, Protocol revision is 0.1
Receiver has no alarms.
Framing is ESF, Line Code is B8ZS, Current clock source is line,
Fraction has 24 timeslots (64 Kbits/sec each), Net bandwidth is 1536
Kbits/sec.
Last module self-test (done at startup): Passed
Last clearing of alarm counters 17w6d
    loss of signal        :    0,
    loss of frame         :    8, last occurred 1d16h
    AIS alarm             :    8, last occurred 1d16h
    Remote alarm          :    1, last occurred 16w5d
    Module access errors  :    0,
Total Data (last 96 15 minute intervals):
    0 Line Code Violations, 0 Path Code Violations
    0 Slip Secs, 0 Fr Loss Secs, 0 Line Err Secs, 0 Degraded Mins
    0 Errored Secs, 0 Bursty Err Secs, 0 Severely Err Secs, 0 Unavail Secs
Data in current interval (772 seconds elapsed):
    0 Line Code Violations, 0 Path Code Violations
    0 Slip Secs, 0 Fr Loss Secs, 0 Line Err Secs, 0 Degraded Mins
    0 Errored Secs, 0 Bursty Err Secs, 0 Severely Err Secs, 0 Unavail Secs
shearer-dmz-rtr#

Note the 0 in Slip Secs, if you have any figure in there, you have a
clocking
issue.

Ted