[c-nsp] VRF-Lite Question

Shakeel Ahmad shakeelahmad at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 11:22:37 EST 2007

Arie,

thanks for reply -

> Why not just span the L2 VLANs all the way to the PIX?

As we are involving L3 in between Distribution and Core layer - we would
have to run a sperate protocol to span VLANs across L3 till core. Besides
cisco doc's says , in layered approach VLANs should not go out of the
cabinet.

Also i am new with VRF-Lite (just one or two Lab implementations), i read
that VRF needs a L3 interface - if we are doing trunk to PIX what is the
exact feature/syntax i can use for making that specific port for that RD.

regards,
SA