[c-nsp] how to stop broadcast,multicast

Vikas Sharma vikassharmas at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 23:15:01 EST 2007

Hi Kevin / Kyle,

There is no ethernet broadcast. I am in a CDMA network where users are
dialing using CDMA phone as a modem. Now since most of the laptops / PS have
windows, they broadcast packets on some particular ports like
135,136,137,137 and 445. Since OSPF is running on my edge router wher these
calls ar first getting connected, any broadcast message is reachable to all
IP pools defined over other 8 routers.

Kyle - Port ACL might not help as all connections are going to same vlan and
the connected switch is also running ospf with same process id. Anyway can
you pls tell me weather port acl is same as private vlans or protected
ports?

Regards
Vikas Sharma