[c-nsp] 12.2SR PB on CCO for 65xx and 76xx split

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed Feb 21 09:52:45 EST 2007

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 09:07:26AM -0500, Rodney Dunn wrote:
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps368/prod_bulletin0900aecd805df25d.html
>
> This thread will self destruct after 5 responses. :)

So let's comment it while it's still alive :-) - "so much for listening
to your customers".

Maybe they *do* listen and implement whatever it is that would maximally
annoy their exiting customers...?

While we're not directly affected by "SRB will not run on our hardware"
(for some or the other reasons, all the boxes are 760x's), we *will* be
affected by the implicitely announced "SX<next> will not run on 7600",
and given the focus regarding software modularity etc., we'd much prefer
to have working SX software than lots of surprising SR features...

But why spending time on a rant, better spend the time looking for
alternatives.  If I have to buy a new chassis anyway, I might buy a
Force10 or Juniper one...

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de