[c-nsp] Dual-homing scenario

David Prall dcp at dcptech.com
Thu Feb 22 08:01:12 EST 2007

Do an inbound route-map on the ISP 1 connection to drop all but local AS or
something you like. Do not accept a default from ISP 1. Put in a static
default pointing to one of the routes you are accepting from ISP 1 with a
high distance so it only goes in if the default from ISP 2 goes away, and
the route is available from ISP 1. You could do some EOT stuff to make this
backup static a little more reliable if you wished. For return traffic, I
would find out if ISP 1 has community based prepending, so that they prepend
on their exit.

David

--
http://dcp.dcptech.com