[c-nsp] Cannot boot 6506 off disk0:

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Fri Feb 23 16:25:25 EST 2007

On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 09:00:29PM +0000, Ian Dickinson wrote:
> Chuck is on the right track here and/or you're hitting a bug.
>
> What are your rommon versions?
> 'sh mod' will tell you.
>
> sup720 8.1.3 had a bug relating to that.
> Fixed in c6ksup3-rm2.srec.8.4.2 and c6ksup720-rm2.8-5-1.srec
> Available from CCO.
> Since applying these, I've never seen this issue again.
>
> If you already have either of these newer rommon versions,
> you probably want to try a different flash card,
> possibly even an over priced cisco supplied one. :-)

	well, i've gotta say, check the monlib on the flash card
first.

	here's what one of my sup720's says in a 'sh disk0 all'

ATA MONLIB INFO
   Image Monlib size = 73144
   Disk monlib size = 77824
   Name = c7200-atafslib-m
   Monlib Start sector = 2
   Monlib End sector = 145
   Monlib updated by =
   Monlib version = 1

	this is the bootstrap loader on the flash card to help the system
come up.  just like having the right partition table and bootable flags
on your lovely x86 hosts..

	one of those things to check on.  if your monlib is older on one
card, it may be worthwhile to check and reformat.  i'm sure as with all
software there have been monlib bugs too ;)

	- jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net