[c-nsp] Too much HSRP traffic - how to limit?

Neal R neal at lists.rauhauser.net
Sun Feb 25 01:27:44 EST 2007

   I have some cat 3750 with 125ms hello/375ms hold time in a network
with a lot of voice traffic. We like the fast failover we get with these
times but we've got one sort of host that really whines about 32
multicast packets/second. I've tried all sorts of methods to limit
traffic destined for 224.0.0.2 on a couple of member ports of a
particular vlan but I'm not coming up with an answer. Output policing?
Not supported. The storm-control command limits *input* on ports. Access
lists seem to be limited to the vlan interface themselves rather than
the physical port.

   I can't be the only one facing this problem - anyone got a recipe for
this particular issue?