[c-nsp] mlppp on 2801 with 12.4

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Tue Feb 27 05:38:59 EST 2007

Please run something later in 12.4 if at all possible.

12.4(1c) would be the very last feature release from
the 12.3(x)T branch.

Drops on the MLPPP bundle come when the bundle detects
congestion on the member links and the output queue fills up.

It can be bursty traffic and if so it's very very hard to
detect. See my emails before about using policing to detect
burst in the archives.

This is common especially if they upgraded the lan side interface
and/or the forwarding speed of the router (faster CPU) can move
packets from the lan to the wan side faster. It makes the
burst more impacting on the lower speed wan side.

Or it could be a bug.

I'd start with an upgrade and/or disable interleave. They
shouldn't need that at T1 speeds.

Rodney