[c-nsp] FWSM - status unknown

szilard csordas redmond at freemail.hu
Tue Feb 27 13:00:37 EST 2007

I already tried the power enable command, this was the output:

%C6KPWR-SP-4-UNSUPPORTED: unsupported module in slot 1, power not
allowed: Unknown Card Type.

According the "show power" output the box has sufficient power to
supply a new module, and the same module was working in this chassis
for 6-7mounts.

Router#sh power
system power total =     3795.12 Watts (90.36 Amps @ 42V)
system power used =      1341.06 Watts (31.93 Amps @ 42V)
system power available = 2454.06 Watts (58.43 Amps @ 42V)

Of course, I tested the module in the other slot and in the other
chassis as well. I got the same result. There is one more thing I
could check...I could insert a different good module (e.g ethernet)
into the particular slot.
Is it possible that the switch fabric is damaged just on those slots?
Also in the other box? It would be extremly extraordinary! :)
Even then shouldn't it fall back to the shared 32G bus?

Thanks for the comments.

rgs,
Szilard

>Andrew Yourtchenko <ayourtch at cisco.com> wrote:

>I would suggest to open up a case with the TAC - something fishy is going
on there.

>before that, you might try with "power enable module X" on the CLI
and see if you get any messages in the c6k's syslog at all - I *think*
I might
>have seen something similar once in the lab when i was exceeding the
power budget for the existing power supply - but it is not sure.

>Another thing would be to try reseating into another slot, and if you
have the possibility - check the module in some other chassis.