[c-nsp] Data Bus Error exception on a AS5300

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Tue Feb 27 21:08:12 EST 2007

I pulled the modem carrier cards and booted without them.  Same problem.
  I pulled the AS53-8CT1+ and it booted into some sort of boot config mode:

5300-1(boot)>

It functioned just like I was at the enable level 1 prompt and I could
enable and see my running-config.  Flash: and bootflash: was full of
crash files.  I reseated all 4 types of memory on the main I/O board and
reinstalled the AS53-8CT1+.  No dice.  I also tried it in other slots.
Same problem.  The only thing left to try that I can think of is to
unhook the refurbished DC PSU and reconnect the AC PSU.  I suppose I
could also wipe the flashes and reload the code but I really don't want
to spend all day doing X-modem copies.

Any other thoughts?  Thanks
   Justin