[c-nsp] HP ProCurve switches and Cisco - play okay?

Neal R neal at lists.rauhauser.net
Wed Feb 28 00:38:36 EST 2007

 Be very, very afraid of prestandard 802.1w BPDUs and HP switches -
think total shutdown of all HP gear. We saw this with 3550s - should not
be an issue with newer 65xx code. We've seen other stuff happen, too,
but this is with 3560s for core in a very spread out network. I'm not
saying don't do it, as the HPs are solid and cheap, but do test things a
bit when configuring them before you turn them loose on the world.