[c-nsp] IPv6 BGP on 7200

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed Feb 28 09:30:24 EST 2007

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 08:09:15AM -0600, Church, Chuck wrote:
> Is it possible you're bumping up against a limit of the switch, such as
> total number of VLANs defined, or Spanning tree instances?

Assumed that at first, but even after removing 4 unused VLANs, no change
in behaviour.  (I've searched for about a *week* for "normal" issues,
like "too many VLANs", "spanning-tree doing weird things", "VLAN not
configured on all trunks involved", etc.)

Especially given the fact that it *works* with a RSFC in the very same
cat5k and *does not* work with a RSM in the same switch leads me to the
conclusion "the switches involved are not to blame".

> What CatOS is running on the Sup?

Something ancient but very proven, 5.5(13).

> Anything useful showing up in the Sup logging buffer?

No.  (When removing the VLAN on the RSM side, the Sup side will display
"removing from trunk" messages, but otherwise, everything seems to be
"as ever")

The thing that I really want to know is "why is 'show trunk' displaying
the VLAN in question as 'not active'"...

(debug c5ipc on the RSM side didn't yield any interesting news either)

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de