[c-nsp] multilink using fastpath or CEF

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Feb 28 12:38:50 EST 2007

hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knew off-hand which IOS release
for the 2600 series routers moved multilink handling from interupt
level to fastpath or CEF processing.  currently I'm seeing a system
with many dropped input packets on a multilink interface - believe
it to be due to large numbers of small packets as the interface is
well under maximum data rate and the processor is a little loaded with
lots of things we shouldnt really be doing on a 2651XM ;-)

alan