[c-nsp] CSCea64506 revival? IS-IS multitopo IPv6 error message

Lincoln Dale (ltd) ltd at cisco.com
Mon Jan 1 06:12:52 EST 2007

> > > Dec 31 18:07:16.169 CET: %CLNS-3-BADPACKET: ISIS: L2 LSP, option
222
> > > length 172 > remainingbytes (11), ID 0000.0000.0201.00-00, seq
358, ht
> > > 65533 from *Tunnel* (Tunnel201)
> >
> > if the above message is correct, the bug is with JunOS generating an
> > invalid packet.
>
> Could you elaborate on what problem exactly IOS is detecting there?
> Sounds to my like TLV data being more than advised?!

without having looked at the source code to verify, but having done a
fair bit of work on protocols...

my guess is that it is saying that the packet received is corrupted.
e.g. there's an 'option' in the ISIS packet which is said to be 172
bytes long, but there are only 11 bytes left in the payload of the
packet.

cheers,

lincoln.