[c-nsp] 2970 turns into a hub for a few moments

Vincent De Keyzer vincent at dekeyzer.net
Tue Jan 2 12:12:35 EST 2007

Hi Gert,

Happy New Year to you.

If I follow your idea, I have to conclude that the Packet Filters are either
causing more instability, or increasing the impact of previously unnoticed
instability (because the occurrences of the problems are *very well*
correlated with the PFs being turned on).

I am planning to bring the switch ports of the PFs back on with
"spanning-tree portfast trunk", and, if that does not fix the problem, trace
the TC source immediately when problem occurs.

Thanks to all for your help so far (will post a final word to this story
when I find one).

Vincent