[c-nsp] 6500 - Is it possible to sniff DSCP values over RSPAN? **RESOLVED**

Andy Ellsworth andy at dar.net
Tue Jan 2 15:50:27 EST 2007

Thanks for the quick responses, guys. I naively assumed that, being
strictly layer 2, the RSPAN feature wouldn't get mucked with by layer 3
functions (like DSCP inspection/re-marking). Silly me. <g>

After globally enabling "mls qos" on all the multilayer switches in the
layer 2 path, and adding "mls qos trust dscp" to each of the
corresponding ingress interfaces that pass the RSPAN traffic, I'm now
successfully sniffing DSCP via RSPAN.

Re: Jared's comment about DSCP rewriting...I haven't had any problem
with leaving global DSCP rewrite on for our 6500s, provided that all the
mls qos maps are configured to provide the expected DSCP value on egress.

Thanks again.

-Andy