[c-nsp] Seemingly dead 7206VXR

Wes Davis daviswr at jmu.edu
Wed Jan 3 11:15:45 EST 2007

Hi all,

I have a 7206VXR that powers up (LEDs on the powersupply are OK), but I can't get
anything on the console using any combination of C7200-I/O-2FE/E, C7200-I/O, NPE-225,
and NPE-300. The I/O-PWR-OK lights up on either I/O controller and on the regular 7200-I/O,
the flash card SLOT-n does light on whichever slot I have a card in (the 2FE/E doesn't do
this). However, and this is the kicker, the 'Enabled' LED doesn't come on for either controller.
There are no other cards than the I/O and the NPE installed. Also, I've tried 9600/8N2 (per
the 7200 docs) and 9600/8N1 for my console settings, on both Con and Aux.

I don't have SmartNET for this thing nor another chassis to test with, so I was wondering if
anyone had any ideas?

Thanks,

Wes