[c-nsp] SFPs with DOM on 6500

Mohacsi Janos mohacsi at niif.hu
Mon Jan 8 02:53:44 EST 2007

On Sun, 7 Jan 2007, Phil Mayers wrote:

> In the "genuine cisco" line:
>
> The GLC-* SFPs don't support DOM.
>
> The SFP- SFPs claim to support DOM, but you pay for them in gold bullion.
>
> Does anyone have actual working non-cisco gigE SFPs in their 6500s with
> DOM, which did not cost them an arm and a leg? Running 12.2(18)SXF6

DOM is currently supported on SIP-SPA cards + gigE port ports on
supervisors (after 12.2(18)SXE). As far as I know support for switching
card ports are not possible (WS-X6{5,7}xx) - may be next generation
switcing cards will support it. Buy 3750  ;-) which is supporting DOM on
all SFP ports...
Regards,
 	Janos Mohacsi