[c-nsp] Backup methods in MPLS networks

Phil Bedard philxor at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 13:56:26 EST 2007

The LDP FRR seems to be LSRs acting in liberal retention mode, which
is in the LDP RFC. The translation in the document is
a little humorous as they call it libertarian mode.   I know Junipers
operate in liberal retention mode, I'd be surprised if Cisco did not,
but I'm not 100% sure.   You are just storing all advertised FECs for
faster installation into the LFIB in the case of a failure between
adjacent nodes.    Works the same way as an IGP, where you keep
candidate paths around for faster convergence during a failure.

Didn't read the VPN FRR document.

Phil