[c-nsp] Throughput between 3560 and Motorola's wireless link.

Adam Greene maillist at webjogger.net
Tue Jan 9 10:02:13 EST 2007

Hi Omar,

There is also an interesting test you can try if the Motorolas are
full-duplex and you only have one PC to spare:

-    enable IP routing on 3560's
-    configure default gateway on each 3560 to point to the other switch
-    set the load-interval on the Motorala interfaces of the 3560's to 30
-    plug a PC into one 3560 and make its gateway that switch's IP address
-    using iPerf (or some other UDP traffic generation tool), send lots of
UDP traffic to a non-local IP address not in either switch's routing table
-    after a minute or so, check the 30-second input and output data rates
on the Motorala interfaces of the 3560's

You will in effect be creating a routing loop, in which all the UDP packets
are sent back and forth between 3560's ~255 times until TTL is decremented.

Good luck,
Adam