[c-nsp] ISPF

Simon Leinen simon at limmat.switch.ch
Wed Jan 10 14:38:54 EST 2007

Anton Kapela writes:
> In the same vein, are folks finding ISPF stable in the field? Has
> anyone enabled this on their ospf speaking boxen in a "large"
> network?

We used to have it enabled shortly after it came out, but then we
noticed issues and turned it off.  If I remember correcly, the system
(7600 running 12.2(18)SXD3) reproducibly failed to switch over to an
alternative (anycast) host route when a host route (to another anycast
instance) was lost.  Disabling iSPF solved the problem.  That was in
March 2005, maybe the issue has been fixed since then.
--
Simon.