[c-nsp] ip tcp adjust-mss on LNS 7206VXR

Kristofer Sigurdsson kristosig at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 09:22:43 EST 2007

Hi,

2007/1/11, Piotr Nowacki <piotr.nowacki at interia.pl>:
> On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 08:19:35AM -0500, Rodney Dunn wrote:
> > It's done in the CEF path so the extra cycles to burn by the CPU
> > would be pretty small.
> >
> > I've never seen it be a "CPU killer".

On the aggregation server layer, it's not that heavy, but if you lower
this significantly, you are potentially creating smaller packages,
hence more pps, hence more CPU in forwarding, all over the network.

Interestingly enough, I've seen a case where this first and foremost
affected the CPE of residential users, resulting in their forwarding
rate going down (cheap SOHO routers).

-Kristo