[c-nsp] ip tcp adjust-mss on LNS 7206VXR

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Thu Jan 11 12:12:04 EST 2007

On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 01:35:38PM +0000, Piotr Nowacki wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 08:19:35AM -0500, Rodney Dunn wrote:
> > It's done in the CEF path so the extra cycles to burn by the CPU
> > would be pretty small.
> >
> > I've never seen it be a "CPU killer".
> >
> > Rodney
> Thanks a lot.
> Another question is, if globaly lowering mss to 1380 is considered "significant wastage" ?

I wouldn't think so as the average packet size on the internet is less
than 1300 bytes anyway.

 And related question:
> Is it possible to choose between multiple Virtual-Teplates BASED ON L2TP uername ?

Hmm...I don't know if you can load it as an AV pair or not. It is a per
interface setting so if you could download the command per the user
it would probably work on the subint/vaccess. I've never seen anyone do that
but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Rodney