[c-nsp] BFD bug in IOS SXF6

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Jan 12 04:53:03 EST 2007

Byrne, Cameron wrote:
> Long story short, BFD does not work well in SXF6 because of CPU
> scheduler issues. I have a TAC case, but it is not going well.

Indeed. Most disappointing.

> Does anyone have  timer settings that they feel are stable?  I am

No. Ours work "most of the time", but as you say an RP CPU spike as low
as ~50% will take out BFD adjacencies.

What we really need is some kind of supervisor module with a much faster
CPU. Like the rsp720, only supported in the 6500. Grumble 7600 split
grumble.

Not a terribly helpful response, but I thought you might like to know
it's not just you.