[c-nsp] BRAS for ATM DSLAMs

Robert Hass robhass at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 12:01:48 EST 2007

Hi
I had to deploy BRAS for terminating ADSL subscribers. All DSLAM's and
access network is ATM based. Each user has their account at radius
server which provides settings for shaping (CAR) and other options.
BRAS is 7206VXR/NPE400/IOS 12.3 Enterprise Plus.

Diagram:

DSLAMs ---- atm cloud --- sdh --- sdh ----- BRAS

Is below configuration will work or I missed something ?

aaa authentication ppp RADDB group radius
aaa authorization network RADDB group radius
aaa accounting network RADDB start-stop group radius
!
radius-server attribute 44 include-in-access-req
radius-server attribute nas-port format e UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
radius-server host x.x.x.x auth-port 1812 acct-port 1813 key .............
!
interface ATM1/0
 mtu 1500
 no ip address
 no ip redirects
 no ip proxy-arp
 logging event subif-link-status
 load-interval 30
 atm sonet stm-1
 atm pvc 5 0 5 qsaal
 atm pvc 16 0 16 ilmi
 atm uni-version 4.0
 no atm auto-configuration
 atm ilmi-keepalive
 no atm address-registration
!
interface ATM1/0.1 multipoint
 range pvc 1/32 1/65535
  ubr 4000
  create on-demand
  protocol ppp Virtual-Template1
 !
 range pvc 2/32 2/65535
  ubr 4000
  create on-demand
  protocol ppp Virtual-Template1
 !
!
interface Virtual-Template1
 description Template for DSL Users
 mtu 1492
 ip unnumbered Loopback0
 no ip redirects
 no ip unreachables
 no ip proxy-arp
 no logging event link-status
 no snmp trap link-status
 no snmp ifindex persist
 peer default ip address pool IPPOOL
 ppp authentication chap pap ms-chap ms-chap-v2 RADDB
 ppp authorization RADDB
 ppp accounting RADDB
 ppp ipcp dns x.x.x.x y.y.y.y
 no clns route-cache