[c-nsp] VRF-aware management

Clinton Work clinton at scripty.com
Wed Jan 17 13:12:08 EST 2007

I investigated this a year ago for the same purpose and at that time not all
  management protocols were VRF aware on the 6500/Sup720. In IOS 12.2(18)SXF
you can get at least VRF aware tftp, ssh, telnet, and SNMP.  VRF aware
management was added in stages so its a real challenge to determine which
IOS load has all the required features.

Here are some of the IOS feature names that I could find on the Cisco website:

IOS 12.4T:
DNS - VRF aware DNS

IOS 12.3T:
Per VRF for TACACS+ Servers
VRF Aware System Message Logging (Syslog)

IOS 12.2T:
SNMP Support over VPN

The trick for telnet/ssh looks like the vrf-also keyword:
Router(config-line)# access-class 1 in vrf-also

I assume that the following tftp command inherits the interface VRF:
ip tftp source-interface <interface>

Clinton Work	clinton at scripty.com
Calgary, AB