[c-nsp] 7500 to 7600 upgrades

Hank Nussbacher hank at efes.iucc.ac.il
Thu Jan 18 12:30:01 EST 2007

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007, david.ponsdesserre at uk.bnpparibas.com wrote:

> Hello all .
>
> We have a project to upgrade 4 of our (old !! ) 7500s to 7600s . I was
> wondering if anyone had some experience on that ?
>
> Thankd
> David

We upgraded 2 7500s to 2 7613s with SUP720-3BXL.  We ordered 4 eFlexwan
2-port cards on each so that we could take out the PA-E3, PA-T3 and
PA-POS-OC3 cards from the 7500s and put them straight into the 7600s.
Bad move.  In the end we had to RMA *10* eFlexwan cards - sometimes the
same card 2-3 times since it might arrive DOA or fail within a day.

The eFlexwans are now stable but that doesn't mean I would not put a
special emphasis on this when doing a migration.

Regards,
Hank Nussbacher
http://www.interall.co.il