[c-nsp] Problem with single vlan not passing traffic

Stephen Fulton sf at lists.esoteric.ca
Thu Jan 18 14:55:28 EST 2007

Hi all,

I've got a 2621 running 12.3.17a which is having an odd issue.  One of the
ports has multiple vlans passing through it.  One of those vlans *appears*
to have stopped passing traffic completely.  I say appears, because the vlan
counters do not increment at all.  For example, if I ping the other side, it
will receive those pings (it's counters increase) but the response is
apparently not received by the 2621.  All other vlan's function properly.  A
caveat: There was a report of a power outage at the side shortly before this
issue occurred, but I've be hestitant to swap equipment because I've worked
under the assumption that if the interface was damaged, no vlans would pass
traffic, instead of just a single vlan out of many.

Thoughts?

--
   Stephen Fulton