[c-nsp] 6509 DC Power Question

Richard J. Sears rsears at adnc.com
Thu Jan 18 16:32:16 EST 2007

If I have a Cisco switch utilizing 1525.86 watts of power, is it safe to
assume that I could install 2500 Watt DC power Supplies and would be
safe?

Outside the VxA=W conversion, I am wondering if there was any other
factor in switching from AC to DC power supplies on the larger Cisco
switches.

Also, I can only seem to find 2500 Watt DC power supplies, does anyone
know if there are larger DC power supplies for the 6000 series switches..?

Thanks !!

H127D42331#sh power
system power redundancy mode = redundant
system power total =     3780.00 Watts (90.00 Amps @ 42V)
system power used =      1525.86 Watts (36.33 Amps @ 42V)