[c-nsp] ASA filtering of P2P apps

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Mon Jan 22 08:26:10 EST 2007

Hey Chuck...

We tested this in one of the initial 7.x releases.... specifically we were
interested in blocking MSN messenger an an application (not
source/destination IP and/or port numbers - that's a huge pain in the
butt).... anyways, never got it working but according to Cisco guys it is
supposed to now...

The initial releases referenced "messenger" but Cisco was referring to Yahoo
Messenger versus MS....

Just two cents worth...;)

Paul Stewart
Network Administrator