[c-nsp] High Density T1 Question

Richard J. Sears rsears at adnc.com
Mon Jan 22 22:30:05 EST 2007

Thanks everyone -

I think I need to clarify something  -
These T1s are for internet access, not for VOIP or PRI traffic.

I was looking for an OSM card of some sort to terminate a multichannel
OC3 (is there such a thing) into a 6509 (or similar) and get rid of my
7513s

Does Cisco offer a PA-MC-T3 card (called something else) for us in the
6500s without having to use the flexwan module or are the 7513s my best
bet..?

Thanks Again Everyone

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 16:24:41 -0600
"Anton Kapela" <tk at 5ninesdata.com> wrote:

> > I have a combination of GSR12Ks, 6509's, 7513s, and 7206VXRs
> > I am using to terminate GIG, OC3, DS3 and T1 customers. T1s
> > are by far my greatest growth problem and 7513s take a lot of
> > space :-)
>
> Your best bet for density is to roll sip400 + the quad ct3 SPA in your
> cat6509 chassis. It's denser (16 ct3's per slot total) than the
> channelized OC3 (12 ct3's per slot total).
>
> -Tk

Richard J. Sears
CCNP/CCDP/F5SE
Vice President & CTO
American Internet Services
rsears at americanis.net
http://www.americanis.net
858.576.4272 - Phone
858.427.2401 - Fax
INOC-DBA - 6130

I fly because it releases my mind
from the tyranny of petty things . .

"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've
never been hurt and dance like you do when nobody's
watching."