[c-nsp] High Density T1 Question

Richard J. Sears rsears at adnc.com
Tue Jan 23 01:48:30 EST 2007

Hi Dave -

I would prefer not to convert from HDLC to something else. I currently
have DS3 terminating onto 7513s - I am trying to do the exact same thing
- only maybe at the OC12 level. I currently support over 500 T1s on two
7513s so overall density of the 7513 platform is not an issue, just the
lack of line cards capable of terminating more that 28 T1s per card (or
56 in the case of the PA-MC-2T3).

I am approaching 20 DS3s just for T1s and was just looking for a cleaner
way to terminate then at the OC level without having to convert to coax.

Thanks !!

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 21:44:03 -0600 (CST)
Dave Weis <djweis at internetsolver.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Jan 2007, Richard J. Sears wrote:
> > Thanks everyone -
> > I think I need to clarify something  -
> > These T1s are for internet access, not for VOIP or PRI traffic.
> > I was looking for an OSM card of some sort to terminate a multichannel
> > OC3 (is there such a thing) into a 6509 (or similar) and get rid of my
> > 7513s
> > Does Cisco offer a PA-MC-T3 card (called something else) for us in the
> > 6500s without having to use the flexwan module or are the 7513s my best
> > bet..?
>
> Depending on line protocol, etc would an Adtran Total Access 3000 with
> ATM, Frame, or PPP cards work? You can terminate 112 DS1's per chassis and
> convert them into ATM.
>
> --
> Dave Weis
> djweis at internetsolver.com
> http://www.internetsolver.com/

Richard J. Sears
CCNP/CCDP/F5SE
Vice President & CTO
American Internet Services
rsears at americanis.net
http://www.americanis.net
858.576.4272 - Phone
858.427.2401 - Fax
INOC-DBA - 6130

I fly because it releases my mind
from the tyranny of petty things . .

"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've
never been hurt and dance like you do when nobody's
watching."