[c-nsp] PFC3B EoMPLS scalability numbers

Shane Amante shane at castlepoint.net
Tue Jan 23 10:53:31 EST 2007

sthaug at nethelp.no wrote:
>> 	What is the max. number of EoMPLS tunnels available on PFC3B?
>> I've found only PFC3C related info (up to 4096 on ME6524) but none
>> for PFC3B-based sups (720|32).
>
> As long as you're using the global VLAN pool for this, the limit of
> 4096 Martini tunnels seems pretty obvious.

This is somewhat orthogonal, but something else to keep in mind.  If
you're doing rate-limiting (using 'match any') on the VLAN's, in which
case you're limited to a total of 512 rate-limited EoMPLS VC's for the
whole chassis due to hardware limitations of the ACL TCAM.  Probably not
something to be concerned with, unless you plan to sell lots of
low-speed, rate-limited VC's.

-shane