[c-nsp] news re: ATT outage?

Adam Greene maillist at webjogger.net
Wed Jan 24 23:56:01 EST 2007

Apologies for the cross-post for anyone subscribed to outages at isotf.org.

--

Does anyone have any news about an ATT outage lasting about 12-18 hours these last two days, which may have affected Yahoo DSL and ATT Citrix service? A company whose server we host started having problems yesterday -- they could apparently establish TCP connections to their server but upon trying to login, the session would simply timeout. It was as if the moment the client computer attempted to establish a second connection to the server with a new source port (but same destination port), the connection was denied. FTP was broken in the same way. Users could authenticate via FTP but were unable to transfer files.

Company end-users all over the country were having the issue. We think they were connecting via Citrix to the main office in California, then trying to hop over the Internet to the server (located here in NY).

Sounds to me like some kind of firewall issue within ATT somehow.

Any news or insight welcome.

Best regards,
Adam