[c-nsp] DHCP Snopping with 3560 switches as DHCP server

Dave Lim dave.daturax at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 09:09:32 EST 2007

I have recently implemented a few 3560 switches and 1 2960G and am running
the DHCP servers for the vlan on the 3560 switches.. I am facing a problem
because someone will always plug in their SOHO Linksys WRT54G and start
leasing out unauthorized IP.

Now how do I configure DHCP snooping. I have narrowed the rogue linksys
wireless router to be on the 2960G on a specific vlan. do i configure all
access ports on that switch as untrust and trust only the trunk uplinks to
my core switch?

And since my dhcp server is on the switch, where do I enable the layer 2
dhcp trust interface?