[c-nsp] 3560 vs 4948 for Datacenter / iSCSI

Raj Patel Raj.Patel at tec.govt.nz
Thu Jan 25 22:10:38 EST 2007

Hi,

Just seeking feedback on using a pair of 3560's vs a single 4948 at our
datacenter for our server / san backbone.

>From what I can tell the 4948 is superior (fully non-blocking) but the
for the same cost I can get a pair of 3560's which would provide better
resiliancy / multi-pathing.

We'd probably hang about 10 systems off the device - if we used a
dedicated storage network + redundant connections back to the LAN we
start to use up a lot of ports really quickly.

Any opinions or feedback on which would be preferential would be
appreciated.

Cheers,
Raj.