[c-nsp] Reset an interface automatically when it goes down?

Wolfgang Roth Wolfgang.Roth at brave.de
Fri Jan 26 05:23:19 EST 2007

Hello list,

we use a Cisco 3640 with NM-2V and VIC-2BRI-NT/T modules as VoIP/PTSN
gateway. The device is running a 12.4(12) enterprise image.

Sometimes unpredictable one of the BRI interfaces goes down (with ISDN
state 'AWAITING_ESTABLISHMENT'). Until now we weren't able to find a reason
for this behaviour. Resetting the interface with the 'clear interface'
command immediately brings the interface up again.

What we want to do now is to automatically execute a 'clear interface
BRIX/Y' command when this happens. Is that possible and what would be the
best way to achieve this (cron job, TCL script, ...)?

Any help is welcome!

Thank you,

Wolfgang