[c-nsp] Cisco Security Advisories

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Sat Jan 27 05:11:17 EST 2007

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 08:16:43PM -0800, Wendy Garvin wrote:
> There is currently no plan for a 12.2(18)S rebuild. If you need this
> release rebuilt, please contact your account team or TAC and they will
> make the request.

Hmmm, I'll try that avenue.  (One of our IXP routers is a NPE-225 with
256 Mb RAM - it's chugging along happily with 18S, but 25S will kill
it...).  *sending mail... mail sent*

Unfortunately, TAC is a bit retarded regarding these advisories.  We
already have one case open (605250559), and they are giving me the
runaround ("the bug ID CSCec71950 in bug tool does not list 12.1 as
vulnerable, so it is not vulnerable, please upgrade to the latest 12.1
release").

Is there a way to make TAC believe that the table in the advisory is to
be used as authoritative source, and NOT the bug tool entry?

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de