[c-nsp] Remarking ip precedence of all traffic

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Mon Jan 29 13:39:36 EST 2007

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007, hjan wrote:

> because we have different platform, GSR and 7600, and different Ex LC on
> GSR.
> Are there other way to do this?

What engine linecards do you have? Engine 2 as well?

For Engine2 I recommend:

access-list 102 permit ip any any
route-map set-prec-0 permit 10
match ip address 102
set ip precedence routine

interface x/y
ip policy route-map set-prec-0

This will use "IP coloring" (sometimes called IP Marking) in the bundle
instead of PIRC. IP-coloring seems comptatible with more features. In some
instances I had to apply an "permit any" incoming access-list on the
interface as well to get the correct bundle.

So basically you have to do it different way depending on LC engine on
GSR.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se