[c-nsp] Multicast on a 6500 running ios

Tim Stevenson tstevens at cisco.com
Mon Jan 29 14:17:38 EST 2007

We don't flood traffic when snooping is enabled. If the hosts
religiously send unsolicited reports at an interval less than ~180
seconds (3 default query intervals), then the traffic will flow
uninterrupted. My experience is that most hosts don't behave that way
- to remove all doubt, add a querier to the vlan.

Tim

At 02:02 PM 1/29/2007 -0500, Todd, Douglas M. averred: