[c-nsp] HSRP Configuration question

Paul Ryan Paul.Ryan at rci.rogers.com
Wed Jan 31 09:47:03 EST 2007

Is this a bug - or is there a proper way to remove an interface from
HSRP - basically I have 2 devices configured with interfaces that are
part of the HSRP group - when I remove the interface by removing the
"standby" config from the interfaces - the remaining interfaces in other
HSRP groups on that devices go into an ACTIVE/ACTIVE state ....

interface GigabitEthernet0/1.21
 description west interface
 encapsulation dot1Q 21
 ip address 192.168.16.131 255.255.255.192
 no ip redirects
 no ip unreachables
 ip inspect OAMP in
 standby 9 ip 192.168.16.129
 standby 9 timers msec 200 msec 600
 standby 9 priority 105
 standby 9 preempt
 standby 9 mac-address 0000.0c07.ad02
 standby 9 track GigabitEthernet0/0
 standby 9 track GigabitEthernet0/1
!
!
fw06.core-east#sho standby brief
Interface   Grp Prio P State    Active addr     Standby addr    Group
addr
Gi0/1.19    2   100  P Active   local           unknown
192.168.15.68
Gi0/1.20    1   100  P Active   local           unknown
192.168.15.1
Gi0/1.23    5   100  P Active   local           unknown
192.168.18.113

regards,

Paul