[c-nsp] Cisco-7201 and 7206/NPE-G2 throughput query..

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Sun Jul 1 02:06:12 EDT 2007

On Sun, 1 Jul 2007, Howard Leadmon wrote:

> I am sure open to any recommendations, or ideas.  Know I could get
> something like a GSR, and use some single or 3pt GE cards, and a DS3
> card, but seems unless I spend a fortune and get the most current stuff
> that Cisco has out, I'll be in an older IOS, and probably stuff that is
> being left behind in favor of the XR code.

The 1GE and 3GE linecards won't give you new features anyway, as they
don't really have many features to begin with. The 3GE linecard (engine 2)
is already at current ~230k internet routes, out of cisco recommendation
of ~200k regarding amount of routes. It still works, but needs to be
monitored.

Regarding the G2 I guess you can expect somewhere around a gigabit/s of
aggregate throughput if you want capacity to spare, perhaps a bit less.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se