[c-nsp] Four T1 on small cisco router

Daniel Hooper dhooper at emerge.net.au
Mon Jul 2 22:13:57 EDT 2007

Hi,

I've had 4 E1's (slightly bigger then your American T1's I believe)
running off a 2621 in a MLPPP configuration, the CPU was maxed and the
router become sluggish. I soon upgraded to a 3640 which done the job
fine. The 2611 had no routing protocols, ACL's or netflow.

After all that I soon upgraded / downgraded it to a E1 mux that spat out
4 E1's over Ethernet (much nicer)

The 2800 will do it fine, I've currently got one terminating 4 E1's at a
different site with all sorts of PBR running, EIGRP, VRF's, QoS is
applied in form of policing and marking down and the router rarely gets
above 30% cpu loading with all 4 E1's being fully utilized.

Regards,

Daniel