[c-nsp] P to P T1 timing issue?

Kienzle, John John.Kienzle at anadarko.com
Tue Jul 3 16:53:16 EDT 2007

Hello all.

We are configuring our routers for a point to point T1 circuit.  We are
using a similar config as we have had in the past with T1's. The problem
we seem to be having is the connection goes up and down continuously. In
fact, it will be up for 20 seconds, down for 10 seconds, and then
repeats. It seems like some kind of timing issue, and after verifying no
clocking from the Telco, we configured clocking on one router. That did
not fix it. I believe our lead tech opened a TAC case for assistance,
just wanted to get your thoughts too, before we schedule downtime to
change out and try a different controller card.

Thanks.

John Kienzle
Senior ITS Analyst
Anadarko Petroleum

Anadarko Confidentiality Notice:
This electronic transmission and any attached documents or other
writings are intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure.  If you have
received this communication in error, please immediately notify
sender by return e-mail and destroy the communication. Any
disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action
concerning the contents of this communication or any attachments by
anyone other than the named recipient is strictly prohibited.