[c-nsp] L3 Interface for 2821

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Wed Jul 4 08:30:43 EDT 2007

interface FastEthernet4
switchport mode access
switchport access vlan 10

interface Vlan10
ip address 10.1.1.1 255.255.255.0

Create the VLAN in your VLAN database and that should do the trick just
fine....  You need to use a SVI to make it layer3

I don't believe you can do trunking on the 4ESW but never had a reason to
try neither....  you could try doing a "switchport mode trunk", "switch
trunk allowed vlan 10,20" and create an SVI for each VLAN and see if that
works....

Paul